What exactly is an online planner? Basically, an online planner assists you keep up with your to-do list. It is basically the online version of an offline calendar or diary. You can also use an online planner to:
- Keep track of important tasks. - Improve your time management - Maximize your productivity - Create and send email and faxes - Send and receive emails and faxes to important contacts - Plan outdoor events - Plan family vacations - Make your future better by charting your progress so far and your future goals
- Improve your time management. Start using an online planner so that you are always ready for anything. This is a great way to help you avoid being sidetracked. You will be able to see at a glance if you need to focus your attention on any task. If you have a lot of important tasks to do, this is a wonderful tool.
- Maximize your productivity. With an online planner every day, you can mark off those that are due the next day and prioritize the most important tasks. This will help you to reduce the number of to-do items that pile up in your inbox. Once you've organized all your tasks, you will feel like you have more free time.
- Improve your time management. When you make use of an online planner every day, you will be able to see how much time you have spent on each item and how many items you still have to complete. This enables you to improve your time management skills and make sure that you spend your time effectively. Most paper planners don't show this kind of detail.
- Stay organized. A lot of people complain about how much time is wasted using a paper planner. It's impossible to know where an item is or what it looks like when you are filling out paper calendars or scraps of papers. This means that people often make mistakes and end up having to reschedule or redo their schedules because they were on the verge of completing important tasks and they had to stop and re-start. The beauty of online planners is that you never have to start over. You will always know exactly when you have completed one item or another.
- Have more time for important tasks. With an online planner, you can schedule more time for those projects that really matter. You can use a calendar to set reminders for yourself to complete important tasks around the house or to exercise. You can mark items as "done" or pending until you have the time to complete them. This will make it far easier for you to stay on track with the many tasks you need to accomplish throughout the week.
These are just a few benefits of online planners versus paper planners. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Paper calendars can be messy and frustrating to use, but online planners may be your best option if you don't have time to check your schedule on the fly or if you would prefer not to have a list of reminders around the house. However, if you're a paper lover, then using an online planner may be the best choice for you. After all, sometimes the less clutter you have around the house the better!
How do online planners work? You will create a calendar using the software and then customize it with the tasks you wish to track. When you are done, you simply email the calendar and it will send out reminders to your friends and family as well as send you email reminders when your due date is. Your online planner will also keep a list of completed tasks in its database so that you can see right away whether you have reached your goals. In addition, you can set an automatic reminder to update your schedule.
Does an online planner really help you manage your time more efficiently? The answer to that question is a resounding yes! The beauty of this type of planning is that everything is managed electronically so you never even have to print out anything or mail anything out. Paper calendars are messy because they require you to physically take the calendar from one appointment to the next. Paper calendars can also become outdated quickly because of changes in email and cellular providers.
Keep in mind that when you choose to use an online planner, you are still giving yourself peace of mind. You have a clear understanding of your schedule and are aware of what is going on with your calendar. This allows you to be prepared for all of the important appointments that you face throughout the course of the year. In addition, your online planner can be very helpful to communicate with your loved ones, family, and friends.